Shower Enclosure Installation, Warranty and Maintenance Information.
Before ordering a shower door with Cyclone Home Systems, customers must agree that they have read and agree to the following warranty information, stipulations, and conditions. Please print and retain a copy for your records.
Cyclone Home Systems warranties all of our shower door installations and hardware against workmanship and manufacturing defects for a period of one (1) year from date of installation. If at any time during this period, you feel as though the original installation is failing we will first verify the issue, and then make any necessary warranty repairs at no charge. After one year there will be a minimum $150 service call charge (plus any required parts) for any service/repair requests.
Please note these important warranty and installation limitations and stipulations:
- Drilling into glass and specialty tile/natural stone: While tile can be beautiful, it is inherently fragile, especially glass and specialty tile such as natural stone which has veins and weak points prone to cracking. Our technicians use extra care when drilling into tile. However, depending on the type of tile, how it was installed, and the proximity of drilled hole to tile edge, cracking can occur. These are all situations that our out of our control. Cracking may occur during the drilling, or days after the installation from the weight of the door. Cyclone Home Systems will not be responsible for replacement of broken tile/stone as a result of glass installation. Cyclone will however remove and reinstall glass at no extra charge, one time, during our warranty period after the faulty tile is repaired. **Speak to your Cyclone representative before tiling for tips on how to reduce the chance of tile breakage**
- Polycarbonate or Acrylic sweeps, seals and doorstops are not warrantied. Keep in mind that replacement of these materials is considered routine maintenance and needs to be done periodically; therefore they are considered the owner’s responsibility. A single replacement of sweeps, seals and doorstops are available for pickup at our showroom, free of charge for the first 6 months after installation. *** Please note that all doors will be designed with space for sweeps and seals. If customer does not want this gap included in design, this must be brought up and agreed to in writing prior to glass fabrication.
- There is no warranty against glass breakage or chipping once the product has left our care and custody. If breakage does occur at any time we will make every reasonable effort to make a quick replacement at the most reasonable price. Manufacturer defects in glass can occur from time to time and are typically within acceptable industry standards. However, if we have missed something in our inspection process, we allow up to 14 days from the installation date for the customer to bring this to our attention.
- This warranty does not cover damage caused through faulty design of your residence or business. Including but not limited to: enclosure design or tile installation errors, fit issues due to house settling*, damage or failure due to misuse, careless handling, alteration, misapplication, improper use of cleaning products, accidents, owner negligence, abuse, or to acts of nature. * Cyclone will provide one courtesy adjustment for any reason during the first year, however any required glass replacement due to wall movement is not covered.
- Use of harsh, abnormal or abrasive chemical cleaning products will void the warranty; please follow guidelines provided for proper maintenance. If special cleaners are needed, please consult with Cyclone Home Systems for recommended product that will not void your warranty.
- Discoloration or stains due to improper water chemistry, hard and non-filtered well water are not covered.
- This warranty does not cover water leakage on any frameless or semi-frameless shower enclosure. Due to the nature and design of these products and physical characteristics of the base and enclosure, it is not always possible to achieve a water tight seal when no frame is used. Click here for best practices when designing your shower enclosure in order to reduce the chance of leakage.
- All sales are final. We do not issue refunds on installed products.
- Our warranty is offered to the original purchaser and only as it relates to the original installation.
- Our One Year Warranty is for new installations only. Service work is subject to the same limitations, but warrantied for a period of 90 Days.
- Fit adjustments of any kind after one year warranty period are billed as a service call.
- Report any leaks to Cyclone Home Systems immediately. Either cease usage of shower, or wipe up any leakage after usage to avoid damage. ***Cyclone Home Systems accepts no liability for damage done by a shower leak***
- Note: These terms are subject to change. Please ask for a copy of warranty at time of sale, or print out from this page and attach to receipt.
Things to know about a Frameless and Semi-Frameless Shower Enclosure
Frameless/Semi-Frameless shower doors are NOT going to be water tight. Shower doors have, by design, small gaps at the hinges, seams and around the door. Gaps exist because the unit lacks the traditional thick metal frames. The gaps are in fact required to assure proper operation of the door and allow for swelling of wall lumber that may occur seasonally. There are polycarbonate seals that can be added to lessen any leakage such as a bottom door sweep or a strike if your unit consists of a door and panel. Although polycarbonates are helpful, it may not completely eliminate water leaking out. Here are some issues to be avoided and tips to reduce the chance of water leakage:
- Proper construction of your opening is imperative. Ensuring that your walls are plumb, level, and square will help all the pieces fit together more smoothly and will look the most appealing when done.
- The tile on the shower curb should slightly slope toward the shower. If the tile slopes out, water is naturally going to follow gravity and could end up outside your shower.
- NEVER point a shower head or direct water spray directly at the frameless shower door or panels! The polycarbonate seals help improve water tightness but a glass shower door is not designed to form a perfect water tight seal.
While CHS assumes no liability for improper shower envelope design, we will try to point out any potential issues when measuring (i.e. tile slopes the wrong way, walls that are not plumb and level, or the orientation of a shower head). However, we cannot always distinguish what may or may not become an issue. We install hundreds of frameless shower enclosures every year and have minimal water leakage reports. Due to the nature of frameless shower enclosures, we cannot provide a warranty against water leakage. Click here for best practices when designing your shower enclosure in order to reduce the chance of leakage.
Important Shower Enclosure Maintenance Information
The best method to keep your glass sparkling clean is to wipe the glass surface with a squeegee after every use. This will ensure that water and soap residue does not have a chance to dry on the glass surface. After using a squeegee, use a clean soft towel or microfiber cloth to dry the frame and hardware. For light cleaning, avoid using any acid-based cleaning solutions, which are capable of damaging the metal or glass of your enclosure. Instead use a vinegar and water solution or a denatured alcohol and water solution. You can also use a few drops of a mild soap such as dishwashing liquid and warm water.
REMEMBER that the handles, towel bars and hinges are NOT designed to support your weight, that’s what grab bars are for. Never lean on the glass or push/pull with force as this can weaken the entire unit and can cause significant damage. The hinges on your door are designed to self-center within 5 degrees and are self-closing from 25 degrees.
NEVER use abrasive powders, abrasive pads, steel wool or products containing bleach or ammonia. These strong chemicals can corrode your hardware as well as compromise the silicone seals. Maintaining your polycarbonate door sweep (if included) is also important. Because seals are subject to friction wear (like windshield wipers), they are designed to be replaceable and are not a warranted item. To extend the life of your door sweep, simply clean with a mild soap and warm water. Do not use bleach, ammonia or any strong chemicals which will make the seals brittle and discolored.